10 Ways to Choose the Right Builder
1. Define your needs. What size, type and price range of home do you need?
2. Experience counts. While every builder was once a new builder, experience matters.
3. Are past buyers satisfied? Ask for – and check – references from past home buyers.
4. Verify the builder is licensed (where required) and adequately insured.
5. Is there a design fit? Does this builder have expertise in the style of home you seek?
6. Warranty and service. How does this builder stack up for each?
7. Resale value. Have past homes from this builder maintained or increased value?
8. Industry involvement. Is the builder a member of the local Home Builder’s Association?
9. Tour model homes or customer homes. There’s absolutely no substitute for this step.
10. Look for signs of quality. In workmanship, materials and practices when you tour these homes.